Owner & Certified Support Planner
With over 10 years of experience in waiver programs and support planning, Elisabeth specializes in working with individuals with autism and their teams as well as consumers with physical disabilities. She has considerable experience with home and vehicle modifications and behavioral resources.
Elisabeth initially came to CDCS as the parent of a child with multiple physical and cognitive disabilities, and she understands the process from both a professional and personal perspective. She brings 20 years of professional writing and education administration experience to Winding River Services and is committed to achieving creative and positive person-centered results and plans for her clients.
Winding River Services provides support planning and consulting services to waiver consumers primarily in Anoka, Hennepin, Ramsey and Washington counties, and all other MN counties by special arrangement.
WHAT DOES A SUPPORT PLANNER DO?
Certified Support Planners have been certified by DHS and are experienced and knowledgeable about the Consumer Directed Community Support (CDCS) service, person-centered planning, and the process of developing a support plan.
A support planner can assist you in the following ways:
- Provide information about CDCS and provider options
- Help develop your Community Support Plan and budget
- Suggest creative solutions to problems
- Suggest or locate services and supports
- Help monitor the CDCS support plan
- Assist with recruiting, screening, hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring and paying support workers
- Provide and arrange for staff training specific to the person’s needs.